Yarn Therapy

Renewal, down to the fiber of my being.....(snicker)!

Friday, May 05, 2006


I have to say, I pulled out Sonnet last night, to finally realize that I don't think I like it. I love the yarn, Noro Kureyon in a bright colorway, but I don't think I like it put together. The body is almost 1/2 done. Has this ever happened to anyone? I feel embarrassed that it has taken me this long to decide I don't like it. What to do? Frog it and start over? Blehhhhh!


Blogger lomester said...

If you don't like it, you are not going to wear it. Good yarn just sitting there? a NO-NO.I would frog it.

4:32 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Sigh. I had a feeling you'd say that.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I know what you mean. It is so frustrating after you'v put hours into knitting something and then realize you don't like it. I am at the same place w/ a wrap I am making for my mother. I hate to rip it out but, at the same time, I don't want to work on it b/c I don't like it. So I am at a stalemate. I know I have to rip.

But it is a big shame to use yarn that you love in a project that you don't. Maybe after you rip it out, you'll get that excited, working on a new project glow! :) Good luck!

7:03 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

I'm already using the yarn in a new project. Thanks for the comment. I appreciate knowing that this has happened to others, too. I figure at least I was getting practice knitting working on this project.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home