1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Noro is my fave brand, but I like most nice yarns. I'm not really into novelty yarn or anything scratchy. I find chenille hard to work with.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have most of my needles in my nightstand.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about a year and a half and I consider myself to be an advanced beginner/intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Fruity things, then floral. Just don't like vanilla.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have an incredible sweet tooth but I'm trying to lose weight right now.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do crocheting, cross stitch and beading. I don't spin. Trying to resist!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like world music, classical, klezmer, and lots of stuff and can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are purple and green. I like all colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with a 2 1/2 y o daughter and two cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, although I don't think I look very good in hats.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now?
2 sweaters and a tea cozy (See sidebar)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, except for those toilet paper cover thingies.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
It depends on the project whether I use circular or straight. Bamboo is my favorite, then metal next.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a winder but not a swift.
17. How did you learn to knit?
At Knit Out at the National Mall 2004, then from books and TV.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
About a year. It's a mitered square vest I got tired of doing.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Valentine's Day and my child's birthday.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
hearts, teapots, small toy figures (for work)
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I want to get the new Wendy Knits. I would love the new Lantern Moon bamboo circulars. Love any patterns! I subscribe to Interweave, Vogue, Knit Simple, and Creative Knitting.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Still need to master double points to make mittens, socks, etc. I eventually want to do fair isle and intarsia.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Haven't knit socks yet (see #22). I wear 8 shoe. Need help with foot measurements....?
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
July 12! Right in the middle of the exchange!