Yarn Therapy

Renewal, down to the fiber of my being.....(snicker)!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Yarn Shopping

I've been thinking for some time about making the Sally Melville Einstein Coat from The Knit Stitch. I like the shape of the coat, and VERY LITTLE SEAMING. This is a good thing. I believe I can knit very professional-looking garment pieces, only to sew them up into a completely crappy-looking thing. For some reason, I can only visualize this sweater in dark red. I priced yarn on Knit Picks, Webs, and most others on my link list. I finally decided to order it tonight from Knit Picks. I set up the cart, etc. It would not recognize my email, which, I assure you, is the same one I used the last time I ordered from Knit Picks.

So, you lose, Knit Picks! I instead ordered from Webs (ironically, in Northampton, MA, where I lived for three summers while in Social Work School 1995-1997 and I never visited). I got Berkshire Bulky in color #16. Because of the fabulous discount Webs gives, it was under $50 for yarn to make a coat. Pretty good.

3 Comments:

Blogger lomester said...

i looked it up and that coat looks so yummie! can't wait to see it finished

11:08 AM  
Blogger ICJ said...

I didn't know that website either... Thank you!

Interesting price indeed! I cannot wait to see your coat! :-)

Isabelle aka Tricotine
Subscribe for free with Feedblitz

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a shame you couldn't get into the Knitpicks site - we must be on the same wavelength - I'm doing it in the dark red (cranberry) from them. Here's my pic http://stashaholic.typepad.com/photos/wips/einstein.html

By the way - thanks for linking to me - my blog has moved...
http://stashaholic.typepad.com

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home