Yarn Therapy

Renewal, down to the fiber of my being.....(snicker)!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Knitting Update


I wanted to update the readers on my latest projects. The most recent FO is the Rainbow Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I lusted after this book for the longest time and finally bought it a couple of weeks ago. It's a very easy project, one that looks more impressive than it is (my favorite kind). I made this just because it looked fun, not because I even had a recipient in mind at the time. I think it's very cool how the two colorways of Noro Kureyon play against each other in this "Mistake Rib" pattern. I may give it to a child I know who is in foster care and has almost no clothing to her name. I find it hard not to shower all the kids I know like that with gifts...

I finished a single sock in Louet Gems yarn, which proved to be very nice to work with. It is a soft grey color and has a ribbed lace pattern from the fabulous Sensational Knitted Socks. I used size 3 circs Addi Turbos. My goal right now is to finish this pair for my SIL's birthday. I have a month, so that is definitely doable provided I don't get too distracted by other projects. Ha! If you know me, you know I always have several things going at once.

Last, but not least, is the cardigan sweater I have finished for Amelia. It is made from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky. I love love love this yarn!! For one thing, it is very chunky so it's a fast knit. It's a very soft pale shade of lilac. It is very soft to the touch, and knits very evenly (on size 13s!). I didn't really even use a pattern for this, just referred to some for sizing. It was hard to decide how to finish it, whether to do a crocheted border, or a ribbing or use a ribbon tie, etc. It did tend to curl up, so I tried to figure out what would be the best way to uncurl it. I had some novelty yarn that would make a nice border but it seemed to me it would be a waste of the beautiful Bliss yarn (an appropo name) to taint it with novelty yarn even if it did match. After some deliberation, I decided to single crochet around and add one large button. Amelia refuses to try it on today. Oh, to be almost 3 and in command!

Pictures when I find the camera!

8 Comments:

Blogger lomester said...

Everything is so cute! I wish Amelia had posed, cause I can tell that color will look great on her

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors in the scarf are beautiful!

5:53 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Thanks, guys!

W

10:32 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Beautiful FOs! I love the little lavender cardi. I've knit a couple Debbie Bliss designs, but I have never bought her yarn. It always seems pricey, but it sounds like it's worth it, esp. if you're knitting something little.

9:09 AM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Well, Jodi, this sweater only used 3+ balls of yarn, so I could afford that.

Wendy

12:16 PM  
Blogger Eleni said...

I've knit a ton of the projects from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (also known in my house as the Bible). Isn't that Noro scarf awesome? I made it for my daughter last Christmas. Glad you finally got the book!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Nittany Knits said...

I love, love, love using the Gems Opal for socks!!!! Doesn't it feel like the socks take no time at all to knit up?

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cardigan - lucky little girl you have!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home