Yarn Therapy

Renewal, down to the fiber of my being.....(snicker)!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fake, But Fair Isle Nonetheless


One of the long-time items on my knitting to-do list has been to learn fair isle. I have several patterns picked out--Fairly Easy Fair Isle from S n B Nation and Easy Child's Fair Isle sweater pattern by Louise, to name two.

Today, I decided to try Fake Isle Hat from Mag Knits. I dug some Noro Kureyon and Knit Picks WOTA out of the stash box and jumped in. Well, it is very addicting! So much so that I didn't go to the knitting group because I didn't want to stop knitting long enough to drive there (do you see the irony?)

It is definitely not hard. I can even do it two-handed, which I wasn't sure I'd be able to do, but my hands are a bit cramped. I hope I'll get used to it. Just look!

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

The pic won't show. :-(
It sounds good though.

Look at you with all the multiple projects -- careful, you might start building a UFO stash - not unlike the one around here...

3:06 AM  
Blogger Jane Doe Jenn said...

Oh, I absolutely adore that hat! Nice job! how long did it take for you to finish it? I'm a slow knitter, but getting there.

3:53 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Scarlett-- look now! :)

Jane--I did it all in one day and my hands are really sore now!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe Jenn said...

Unbelievable! I don't get how it's "fake" if you used both hands??? Forgive me for asking - still a newbie.
My jaw dropped when I read that you did it one day. Can't wait to see what you do next!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home