Yarn Therapy

Renewal, down to the fiber of my being.....(snicker)!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Beautiful and Artistic? Or a Fugly Mess--You Be the Judge


For a long time, I have wanted to devise a good way to use up those "scraps" of yarn; partial skeins that can't be used on their own. I have tried doing sweaters, shawls and the like, only to find I hate the project mid-way through and frogging it. This time, I think I may have arrived at a more "legitimate" way to use those scraps. I started crocheting a scarf long-ways using a single crochet stitch. I used one color for each row, creating random stripes.

I go back and forth. Sometimes I think it is very cool and funky, other times I hear "yarn vomit" in my head. It has been kind of fun to make, so that's positive. It's a good use of what would otherwise be trash, so it's recycling.

At any rate, it is one of a kind.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane Doe Jenn said...

I think a scarf is a great idea for yarn scraps, and crocheting in length from end to end makes a nice look!

I'm checking out various blogs from the Scavenger Hunt Swap. There are so many interesting people here!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

I think it's awesome. Maybe it would be easier to tell if you pull back a little -- meaning the camera! not ripping back.

Look at the blooms on your cactus - they're beautiful.

9:10 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Miss scarlett, there is a farther back pic on the project on my Ravelry page, if you're interested. Thanks for the compliments!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home