1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love wool, cotton and alpaca. The brands I like most are Noro, Rowan and Debbie Bliss. I am not real fond of novelty yarns or fuzzy things like mohair or angora.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have the knitting needles in a wonderful hanging holder my sp 8 sent me. The crochet hooks are in my night stand.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I am probably considered intermediate. I learned to knit 2 years ago at the Knit Out in DC and have been mostly self-taught after that. I did take one class in sock knitting about 3 months ago.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have 2 Amazon lists: one knit/crochet and the other non-knit/crochet.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I am really
picky about these, so I would prefer not getting any.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a terrible sweet tooth! I like all candy but European chocolate is the best. With nuts, if possible. I also like trail mix.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin but I do crochet and cross-stitch. I have made beaded jewelry. I dabble in other crafts.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play MP3s and I like most kinds of music, esp. old Broadway and songs from the 20s and 30s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are purple and green (even together). I shy away from orange and yellow usually.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with one 3 year old daughter. We have 2 cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, but I avoid hats until I am really
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and sweaters.
13. What are you knitting right now?
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes! Especially if they are well made.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use them all in various situations. If I had to pick only one it would be bamboo circs.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder but no swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Two: Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day (and DD's birthday, Oct. 29)
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn? Teapots, hearts, toy figurines (for work)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would love anything on my wishlist. Any handpainted sock yarn. I subscribe to Vogue, Interweave and Creative Knitting. I love those fancy knitting needles in magazines. I love lots of patterns.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Intarsia and fair isle are both on the list. I love learning new things. I want to get better at knitting lace. I want to combine knit/crochet more.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I love knitting socks! I'm on my 5th pair now. I have a size 8 average foot.
23. When is your birthday?
July 12 (it was during the last SP).
PS: I am allergic to smoke.
PPS: I am also allergic to xmas decorations.